Monday, November 16, 2015

"One and Only" Morning Musume 15 in English

Last month, we were given a live preview of something Hello! Project has never done before. Morning Musume '15 was asked to sing an opening song for J-Melo (a show dedicated to bringing Japanese music to the world). The big surprise was that the song is entirely in English! 


    I was immediately excited. Finally, there was a J-pop song I could share with my friends! 
    What do all of you think about the song "One and Only"?
    The lyrics are great! Tsunku himself has said many times that his English is bad, but even so, he wrote the entire song. The man continues to impress me everyday.
    We don't know what the actual MV is going to be like yet, but the live video shows the girls wearing red plaid and dancing in front of a J-Melo sign.
     I loved the outfits: the cut, the color, the fabric, everything about them. The girls shine with personality.
I have a few problems with it, though. So many amazing songs have been released recently that I'm afraid this one didn't stand out as much. The dancing is a little less impressive than what we have grown used to. The music itself feels a bit recycled. Overall, I would give this song a 4 out of 5, but it frustrates me that I don't love it more. I guess I have just been so spoiled with all the other mind-blowing songs released recently from our beloved Morning Musume' 15.

Here is a video of Morning Musume'15 performing "One and Only" in J-melo!

Originally Uploaded by: Hello!Station
Credits for uploading it in Dailymotion: Xit1111

    So starting now, tell me:
   What is your opinion about the song?
    Am I wrong for not loving it more?
    What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of the song? 
Let me know in the comments below.
^_Rook_^

1 comment:

  1. I thought the dance was amazing but the song itself is lacking the Momusu feel for me

    ReplyDelete