Thursday, March 8, 2012

Diagnosing Sayumi with Narcissistic Personality Disorder




As we all know, Sayumi Michishige is popularly known as the most NARCISSISTIC member in Morning Musume and while considered to be the weakest of her generation (Reina and Kamei) in terms of vocals, she tries to compensate with good looks and narcissistic personality, openly referring to herself as the cutest member in Morning Musume and is also noted for her sharp tongue especially on her radio show.



Well, I'm not really that agreeable with her saying she's the cutest in MM or even in HP but it's UNDENIABLE that she has every right to brag about her LOOKS! I mean, she's really pretty and cute at the same time. And though I'm not a big fan of her, I still consider her as one of the best faces in Hello Project.

Sayumi's so called narcissistic personally was always noted especially during TV appearances, including this one <<<( How come I missed that show? I don't remember it showing on animax last 2010 >.< or was it aired in Japan only?). Nevertheless, this personality also brought Sayumi to be one of the "hatest" female artist chosen by females and I'll be honest, I WAS annoyed with her too when I first got into HP way back 2007 but I guess I got used to her that way and just accepted the fact that it's not SAYUMI if she's not like that..get what I mean? LOL

So anyway, the main reason I made this post was we had this lesson in my Psychiatric Nursing about personality disorder and under it was the Narcissistic personality Disorder and the first person to pop up on my mind was Sayu. Irregardless of what people's assumption of her, there is this criteria used to diagnosed of Narcissistic PD based on the DSM-IV-TR, the person should have 5 or more characteristics of NPD but I'm not implying she has that disorder. I'm just laying down the criteria in categorizing a person of having that type of personality. But is she really like that since people has coined her to be one or she's not truly narcissistic at all and is just simply "self-proclaimed"? See for yourself if she has such characteristics.

(This is a LIST of the criteria....it's NOT a list of Sayumi's characteristics)

♣Has a grandoise sense of self-importance
♣Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, BEAUTY or ideal love
♣Believed that she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high status people/institution
♣Requires excessive admiration
♣Has a sense of entitlement, that is, unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with her expectations
♣Is interpersonally exploitive, that is, takes advantage of others to achieve her own needs
♣Lacks empathy
♣Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of her
♣Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

3 comments:

  1. I forgt when I watch that show. That show are attended by Mikitty and Sayu. In that show Ai-chan (during that time Ai-chan is the leader. Ai-chan mention actually Sayu is a loner, calmer, and didn't do anything narcissistic. I think that image was intentionally created by her management

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Sayu simply built up a character, during her career in H!P...Isn't talking about a psychic disorder a little excessive? ^^"

    So, that's an opinion, i'm not defending Sayu...I still think she's one of the worst singer i've ever heard, trough she dances really well... :D

    sorry for my english xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narcissistic or not, she's teh Best!
    I love her so much!<3

    ReplyDelete